It is my belief that if you have a safe, non-judgmental space to discuss what is bothering you, you will have the opportunity to get to know yourself better and understand what is contributing to the problems you currently face.
I will provide that space for you.
I have passion for this work. I believe in change and am dedicated to helping people improve their lives.
Using a primarily psychodynamic approach, which focuses on bringing your unconscious to the surface, we will look at your childhood experiences and how they may have contributed to your current thought and behavior patterns. Together, we will work to establish new, healthier patterns. Depending on your needs and goals, I may integrate several different therapeutic approaches.
Some of the issues I specialize in helping with:
- Difficulty in relationships
- Life transitions (Career/ Phase of life)
- Creative blocks
- Traumatic events
- Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology, Pepperdine University
- Bachelor of Arts, University of California, San Diego
- Training in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy and Couples Therapy at The Maple Counseling Center
- Intake Counselor at inpatient mental health facility Del Amo Hospital
- Crisis Intervention Training for Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault, Childhood Sexual Abuse & Stalking at Peace Over Violence
- Somatic Experiencing Training
entertainment INDUSTRY background
I spent almost a decade working in the entertainment industry giving me unique insight into the specific challenges faced by creative professionals.
Clients appreciate my directiveness, warmth, authenticity and sense of humor.
Hi, I'm Bree.
Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist
in the state of California.